Income Tax Essentials for Construction Companies
Construction companies have extremely complex federal and state income tax environments in which to operate, and the rules change often. Contractors and those who advise them must know the tricks, traps, updates, legislative and regulatory opportunities, and dangers.
This session covers why it’s essential to ensure efficient compliance, minimize tax expense, and maximize the bottom line.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Discover recent changes in federal and state income tax laws and their impact on the construction industry
- Identify the income tax saving and deferral opportunities for those in the construction industry
- Recognize income tax tricks and traps that may be missed by contractors
Level & Prerequisites
This program is a Basic Level online self-study course that was developed for professionals with 0-3 years of experience in construction finance. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn 1 CPE credits in the field of Taxes upon successfully completing this course and achieving at least 70% on the final exam.
Earn 1 CCIFP Professional Development credits which can be applied to the General or Construction Requirement.
This on-demand course is based on a popular session from CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference. Please note that you cannot receive CPE or CCIFP Professional Development credit if you have already participated in this session during CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference.
The estimated time to complete the course and final exam is approximately 50 minutes, depending on the pace of the learner.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Professional Advisors
- Risk Managers
- $79 for CFMA Members
- $99 for Non-members
- James C. Lundy, Jr., CPA, Tax and Construction Partner, Marcum LLP
- Kelli Franco, CPA, Tax Partner, Construction & Real Estate, Moss Adams LLP
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.