Group Captives for Contractors: Stability in an Unstable World
Contractors across the country are being impacted by changing dynamics in the economy, such as worker shortages, inflation, and supply chains.
As 2023 began, analysts were predicting a continued trend of rising insurance costs on top of these other challenges. Contractors that focus on safety with proven results can realize greater stability on a significant portion of their annual insurance costs when they go from “renting” insurance to “owning” their insurance company in the group captive model.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Outline the basics of the group captive structure, including the financial risks and rewards that captive ownership offers
- Compare and contrast the traditional insurance marketplace with the captive marketplace strategy
- Discover how contractors throughout the country have stabilized and reduced their insurance costs, become safer companies, and generate a return on their insurance premiums
- Illustrate the intangible benefits of the “group” dynamic of the captive structure, identifying best practices
Level & Prerequisites
This program is a Basic Level online self-study course that was developed for professionals with 0-3 years of experience in construction finance. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn .5 CPE credits in the field of Finance upon successfully completing this course and achieving at least 70% on the final exam.
Earn .5 CCIFP Professional Development credits which can be applied to either the General or Construction Requirement.
This on-demand course is based on a popular session from CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference. Please note that you cannot receive CPE or CCIFP Professional Development credit if you have already participated in this session during CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference.
The estimated time to complete the course and final exam is approximately 50 minutes, depending on the pace of the learner.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Professional Advisors
- Risk Managers
- $39 for CFMA Members
- $49 for Non-members
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.