Risk Management for Construction Finance Certificate Program: Insurance & Surety Bond Program Design
Feb 13, 2024 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Tues., Feb. 13, 2024, from 3-5 PM ET
CFMA’s Risk Management for Construction Finance Certificate Program has been designed as an advanced certificate of completion program to specifically address the risk management needs of CFPs. This is the second module of the program.
Insurance & Surety Bond Program Design
Risk management is more complex than merely purchasing insurance; however, insurance program design is a key element of the risk mitigation strategy for any construction company. Covering the greatest amount of risk in the most cost-efficient manner while also considering the company’s overall tolerance for financial risk is an important task for any risk manager. Enhancing your knowledge of insurance markets, programs, and policies will help you become a better business partner to the insurance broker that is assisting your company with program structure. Surety is a form of insurance that also plays a critical role. In addition to maintaining a strong surety relationship that provides bonding for the work that your company performs, surety bonds also help protect your company against downstream defaults that can have catastrophic financial impacts. Understanding the entire surety spectrum is key.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic elements of key insurance policies such as property, liability, auto, workers’ comp, professional, pollution, umbrella, and builders risk.
- Assess where your company falls on the insurance risk continuum.
- Structure an insurance program design that can serve as a roadmap for discussions with your broker.
- Catalog issues not addressed by your current program for discussion and evaluation.
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group internet-based certificate program at the Advanced Level. Some prereading and preparation is required before participating in each module in the program.
Earn 2.0 CPE credits for attending each module, with a total of 10.0 CPE credits in the field of Management Services upon completion of the entire program.
Please note that CPE credits can only be earned by attending the live modules and are not available by watching the recordings.
Earn 2.0 CCIFP Professional Development credits for attending each module, with a total of 10.0 CCIFP Professional Development credits toward the General or Construction Requirement upon completion of the entire program.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners
- Construction financial professionals
- CPAs who provide services to construction clients as well as insurance agents and brokers
- Internal risk management professionals and/or general counsel
- Risk managers
Rachel Dobbs, CLCS, CRIS - Client Executive, Hylant