Real-World Cybersecurity in Construction
Cybersecurity professionals offer fantastic seminars and great ideas; construction financial professionals return to the office excited about what they’ve learned. Then boom — it’s outside the budget or there isn’t owner buy-in.
Cybersecurity is not one-size-fits-all; it differs from industry to industry and even from one segment of construction to another.
From the contractor’s perspective, this session addresses your company’s cybersecurity needs as well as internal and external risks, real-life situations and solutions, accounting controls, staff size, and owner buy-in.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Uncover why the construction industry is ripe for cyberattacks and what can be done to minimize risk
- Recognize the different types of cyber threats and how to minimize them
- See how various controls can be put in place even if your company is too small to have a true separation of duties
- Explore banking services that can help minimize risk and how such services could work within your company
- Identify questions that every owner should be asking their agent about cyber coverage
Level & Prerequisites
This program is a Basic Level online self-study course that was developed for professionals with 0-3 years of experience in construction finance. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn 1.0 CPE credit in the field of Information Technology upon successfully completing this course and achieving at least 70% on the final exam.
Earn 1.0 CCIFP Professional Development credit which can be applied to either the General or Construction Requirement.
This on-demand course is based on a popular session from CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference. Please note that you cannot receive CPE or CCIFP Professional Development credit if you have already participated in this session during CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference.
The estimated time to complete the course and final exam is approximately 50 minutes, depending on the pace of the learner.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Professional Advisors
- Risk Managers
- $79 for CFMA Members
- $99 for Non-members
- Kimberly A. Hullfish CCIFP, CRIS, MBA, Director of Accounting and Compliance, C. Abbonizio Contractors Inc.
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.