With so many options available, selecting new accounting software can be daunting. Here are a few tips to help you navigate the market and ensure a smooth transition for your company.
Identify Business Requirements & Goals
What do you hope to accomplish by implementing new accounting software? With specific initiatives in mind, identify what you need from the software in order to meet requirements and achieve goals.
As you evaluate different solutions, here are some questions to consider:
- What are current issues for your company?
- What software capabilities are you looking for?
- What systems need to be integrated?
- Can new software help eliminate the need for other applications?
- What data and information needs to be collected?
- Does the software require customization?
- Is there room for growth?
Your answers to these questions will provide a better understanding of your company’s software priorities. Make note of any software features that would be most important for your company and then use this list to narrow down your options.