Dumping the 8 Wastes in Construction Using Technology
Construction is one of the least efficient industries — so much time is spent dealing with the day’s immediate fire drills from lawsuits and upset clients in the office to labor and materials shortages on jobsites. Many companies don’t feel like they have the time to focus on becoming more efficient, but that’s where most are wrong.
This session dives into the concept of lean construction, which is a thorough system of processes and behaviors that can transform the industry, and explains how lean thinking and processes deliver better employee retention, higher quality of life, safer worksites, and reduced waste.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Identify eight types of waste in construction and what those forms of waste mean for a company’s and the industry’s future
- Identify how specific wastes are directly affecting your company
- Define how technology improves productivity in lean construction, resulting in huge gains on and off the jobsite
- Determine how to select the best technology for increasing a construction company’s productivity
- Determine how leaders should identify construction waste pain points and turn them into opportunities for change
Level & Prerequisites
This program is a Basic Level online self-study course that was developed for professionals with 0-3 years of experience in construction finance. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn 1 CPE credits in the field of Computer Software & Applications upon successfully completing this course and achieving at least 70% on the final exam.
Earn 1 CCIFP Professional Development credits which can be applied to either the General or Construction Requirement.
This on-demand course is based on a popular session from CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference. Please note that you cannot receive CPE or CCIFP Professional Development credit if you have already participated in this session during CFMA’s 2023 Annual Conference.
The estimated time to complete the course and final exam is approximately 50 minutes, depending on the pace of the learner.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Professional Advisors
- Risk Managers
- $79 for CFMA Members
- $99 for Non-members
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.