Fundamentals of Construction Taxation
This interactive on-demand course introduces the basics of construction industry taxation. You'll be able to identify, interpret, and demonstrate essential knowledge of key taxation fundamentals to help ensure a more profitable and smooth construction project. Topics covered include contractor tax accounting methods, the Section 199A deduction for qualified business income, alternative minimum tax, and look-back interest.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Define the common construction tax accounting methods and related terminology
- Distinguish between income tax and alternative minimum tax (AMT)
- Calculate the Section 199A deduction for qualified business income (QBI)
- Determine if Look-back Interest applies and understand the calculation
- Recognize different tax planning strategies
Level & Prerequisites
This Basic Level online self-study program was developed for professionals with 0-3 years of experience in construction finance and/or taxation. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn 1 CPE credit in the field of Taxes upon successfully completing this course and achieving at least 70% on the final exam.
Who Should Attend
This course is for construction financial professionals who would benefit from a basic understanding of construction project taxation, such as:
- Tax Associates
- Risk Managers
- Other professionals with 0-3 years of experience working in construction finance
The estimated time to complete all modules and the final exam is approximately 60 minutes, depending on the pace of the learner.
- Members: $79
- Non-Member: $99
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member who would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for group discount information.