Welcome to the new CFMA website! Please note, before you can register for CFMA education or the conference you will need to login to your CFMA account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.More Info
CFMA Virtual Race for Suicide Prevention
Run, Walk, or Bike for Suicide Prevention
Join us for our second annual virtual race for suicide prevention! CFMA is committed to raising awareness for construction suicide prevention and providing financial support to the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention (CIASP) to achieve its mission.
Participate in the virtual race by running, jogging, walking, or biking from any location you choose. Complete the race at your own pace and time it yourself. Pick from a virtual 5K, 10K, or challenge yourself and complete the half marathon. You can complete the race in one outing or complete it over the course of several. This is a great activity to do alone or with your friends and family!
Please note, you do not need an account to purchase a shirt(s) and/or make a donation. See the FAQs below for more details.
- Start Date: Your Virtual Race Starts When You Are Ready!
- End Date: July 31, 2021, this is an honor system race, but we are encouraging all participants to post their race pictures to the virtual race group www.facebook.com/groups/cfmavirtualrace
- Shirt: $51 (price includes shipping), all proceeds go to CIASP
This Race is Proudly Sponsored by
Virtual Race FAQs:
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RACE?
A virtual run event is similar to a traditional running event except the participant completes it entirely on their own. There is not a required location that the event must be completed nor a mandatory time.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE VIRTUAL RACE?
Your entry into this race is your purchase of a t-shirt.
I WANT TO BUY MULTIPLE SHIRTS, DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THE NAMES FOR ALL OF THE RUNNERS?
No, because this is a virtual race for charity we do not need to know the names of all of those participating.
CAN I PURCHASE MULTIPLE SHIRTS FOR MY EMPLOYEES AND HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS?
Yes, place your order with the shirt sizes that you need and then send Samantha Lake an email (email@example.com) with your order number and a spreadsheet that contains the First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip, and Shirt Size for those that need them at different locations.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE TO COMPLETE A VIRTUAL RACE?
No, we have no limitations on age. We actually encourage all ages to participate.
DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE ENTIRE VIRTUAL RACE DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE?
No, the Virtual Race is for everyone no matter what fitness level. Whether you are an avid runner, walker, or cyclist, you can split your race over a few days or weeks and can be in any amount of distances as you feel comfortable with!
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY RESULTS FOR THE VIRTUAL RACE?
Currently, the Virtual Race is based on the honor system and you are not required to submit your results. However, we encourage all participants to share their results and photos from the run on the Virtual Race Facebook page.
WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY T-SHIRT?
Shirts typically arrive a week after the order has been placed.
DO I HAVE TO RUN THE VIRTUAL RACE?
No, the goal of this race is to show support for Suicide Prevention. You can do that by walking, running, or cycling either inside or outside. We also understand that many of our participants have different fitness levels. For those that need a little extra time, you can also break up your distance into manageable segments.
HOW MUCH OF MY REGISTRATION IS DONATED TO CHARITY?
All proceeds go to the CIASP.
DO I NEED AN ACCOUNT TO PURCHASE A SHIRT OR MAKE A DONATION?
No, you do not need an account. Follow the directions below to purchase a shirt(s) and/or make a donation as a guest.
- When you get to the Storefront, click on the image.
- Select “Buy Now” for the Suicide Prevention Virtual Run T-Shirt or to make a Donation (don't worry if you want to do both you can come back to this)
- Select the t-shirt size and quantity for that size, then click "Buy Now."
- Select “Proceed to Checkout” if you are finished, or “Continue Shopping” if you need additional shirts or want to make a donation.
- To purchase additional shirt sizes, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- To make a donation, select the donation amount from the dropdown and quantity.
- After you are done shopping, select “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Select “Checkout as Guest” in the pop-up window, enter your e-mail, and click "Proceed to Checkout."
- Click "Save" under Delivery Instructions and proceed to Payment.
- Complete the “Payment” section and submit your order.