Course: DOT Compliance Risk and Safety 101
Sep 19, 2023 - 8:30 AM (CT) - IMA Dallas Office, 14221 North Dallas Parkway, Suite 700 Dallas, TX 75254
Hosted by Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
About this Event
The Course is from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM CST.
Do you operate commercial motor vehicles, engage in interstate and intrastate commerce, know what vehicles require a CDL to operate, or who is subject to DOT Drug testing? Navigating through the myriad of commercial motor vehicle regulatory requirements can be challenging, confusing, frustrating, and potentially costly if you get it wrong. This session will address which vehicles and drivers are subject to the regulations, the applicable regulatory requirements, and how to comply.
We will discuss the most common DOT compliance issues plaguing your industry, the liability risks associated with non-compliance, and reasonable solutions to manage your fleet.
Lunch will be provided!
- What is a Commercial Motor Vehicle?
- What is Required if I Operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle?
- Who Needs a CDL?
- CDL Training Requirements
- DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing and the Clearinghouse
- Hours of Service and ELD's (electronic logging devices)
- CSA and Roadhouse Inspections
- Materials of Trade HazMat Exemption
- Fleet Safety and DOT Compliance Q&A
Who Should Attend?
This session is designed for anyone within your organization with responsibilities related to the operation of commercial motor vehicles. Recommended attendees include safety, operations, job foreman, human resources, and vehicle maintenance personnel.
Darren Beard, Director of Transportation Risk Control